Amazing Facts has employment and volunteer opportunities for those called by God to be a part of His end-time work of sharing the gospel and the three angels' messages with the world. Please check back regularly for new listings.
Although Amazing Facts is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, national origin, gender, color, age, marital status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law, it is a religious association and a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The employment practices reflect religious preferences in harmony with the U.S. Constitution and controlling law, and therefore hires only Seventh-day Adventist Church members in good standing. All applicants must be cleared or approved to work in the United States.
The Desktop Support Technician position is responsible for supporting Amazing Facts employees and volunteers, both onsite and remotely. The Desktop Support Technician will provide support for PCs, peripheral devices, and relevant desktop and local or web-based software applications. Candidate must possess a thorough working knowledge of the major components of the Information Technology environment. Provide quality support with a high degree of proven customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness.
Please note, this is a part-time position
only local residents need apply
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 - 3 years of experience in working with computers, software, systems, local area networks and terminology
- High School Diploma, preferably a 2 year AA/AS in computers or appropriate certifications
EXPECTATIONS & TASKS:
- Proficient in Windows Desktop Operating Systems (7-10), MAC OSX, Microsoft Office
- Excellent written communication skills, problem solving skills and self-motivated and the ability to work effectively with little direction
- Excellent customer interaction skills and desire to provide impeccable service
- Provide 1st Level Desktop Support. Provide effective and creative solutions on Help Desk related issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Log all customer questions and problems and track through resolution in Help desk tracking software.
- Provide end user desktop training as required.
- Install and configure new or current IT equipment (desktops, printers, copiers, scanners, projectors, laptops, video conferencing, tablets, smartphones, etc…).
- Assist Network Admin with basic changes and additions in 3CX phone system as needed, maintaining accurate inventory of all computers, tracking all licenses, cleaning the IT storage room, create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation, any other appropriate task as assigned by the Network Admin
- Provide information technology support, including employee inquiries and requests for assistance with personal computer (PC) hardware, software, and mobile computing devices.
- Meet or exceed all stated Service Level Agreements with regard to help desk assignments. Assigns, redirects and escalates all Help Desk tickets (Web, email or phone, e.g.) to the appropriate IT resource in a timely manner. Participates in Help Desk related projects.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Effectively train users on desktop software
- Identify and resolve 1st level and moderately complex PC software and hardware related issues
The Broadcast Editor / Motion Graphic Artist is an exciting opportunity in our Broadcast Productions (BP) Department. This position works closely with the BP Director and Graphic Designers to develop motion graphics in support of Amazing Facts television programs. Secondly, this position edits Amazing Facts TV programs, which requires experience with post-production editing and mastering processes. We produce a minimum of 100 new programs yearly and attention to deadlines is critical.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-year Bachelor Degree with 3 years industry experience
EXPECTATIONS & TASKS:
- Must possess the ability to plan and organize, implement goal objectives, and necessary procedures.
- Long-term planner
- Proficiency with computers and various encoding methods
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Agreement with the Amazing Facts statement of faith and core values
- Knowledge and understanding of doctrinal stance on a variety of Christian subjects specific to the SDA Church
- The ability to edit programs with proper understanding of doctrinal issues and how to present them in an evangelistic manner
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (AE, PS, PP, etc.)
- Understanding of various video formats is absolutely necessary
- Edits, quality controls, and masters Amazing Facts TV programs
- Develops high-end motion graphic assets for Amazing Facts TV programs
- Demonstrates superior design skills in – Motion, 3D, Compositing and Matte Painting
- Studies other industry work to remain current in all motion graphic trends and techniques
- Ensures the integrity of Amazing Facts vision and branding in all graphical design
- Must be adaptable and able to work in a deadline driven environment
- Other duties as assigned
Please click the 'Apply Online' button for the position that you are interested in and complete the application.
Jesus on Community Outreach
Pastor Doug's Schedule
Hawaii, US - Aug 19, 2016